Recipe from Leslie
1 pkg.(1/4 oz) active dry yeast
2 tbsp. warm water (110-115 degrees)
2 cups warm milk (110-115 degrees)
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg beaten
1 tsp. salt
6 cups bread flour (I used 1 cup whole wheat and 5 cups bread flour)
1 cup butter, melted
additional melted butter
In a large mixing bowl dissolve yeast in water. Add milk, sugar, egg, salt, and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth.
Beat in butter and remaining flour (dough will be slightly sticky). DO NOT KNEAD!
Place in a greased bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Punch down dough and divide in half. On a floured surface, roll each half into a 12 inch circle. (I used an oiled surface instead of flour). Butter the surface of each circle (I used room temperature butter)
Cut each circle into 12 pie-shaped wedges. Beginning at the wide end, roll up each wedge. Place rolls point side down, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets. (Instead of a greased baking sheet I put parchment paper on the pans).
Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hr. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 mins. or until golden brown. Brush tops with melted butter.
Yield - 2 dozen
No comments:
Post a Comment