Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Banana Bread

I am one of those people that haven't been able to make good banana bread. I've tried so many recipes. This is the first one that I've made that I absolutely love and would be happy to share it!

From my cousin Krissy's food blog

2 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 VERY ripe - darkly spotted bananas - mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup vanilla yogurt
2 large eggs - beaten lightly
6 tbsp butter - melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and adjust rack to the lower middle position. Grease bottom and sides and flour bread pan.Combine first [4] ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside. Mix mashed bananas, yogurt, eggs, butter and vanilla with a wooden spoon in separate bowl. Lightly fold banana mixture into dry ingredients with a rubber spatula until just combined and batter looks thick and chunky.Bake until loaf is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean - about 55 minutes. (Oven temperatures vary, so start checking bread at 40 minutes) Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack.

Note to self (well, and anyone else that wants to read): I guessed the sugar in the recipe was white sugar, so I used 3/4 cup of white sugar. I added 1/4 cup of brown sugar. I used the entire small french vanilla Yoplait yogurt. I do not own a wooden spoon so I just mixed it very lightly.

No comments: