Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mock Chicken Cordon Bleu

I think I like this version better than the other recipe I have on here. This one is very creamy and the sauce is so good! My hubby loves this one. You decide which one you like best!

Recipe ehow.com (seriously!)

Ingredients
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
6 slices of ham
6 slices of swiss cheese
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 Tablespoon of dijon mustard (or you can use the homemade version)

I added 1 cup of Ritz crackers, crushed (optional)

Directions:

Step1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken breasts in a large rectangular baking dish. Cover all the chicken breasts with the ham slices.
Step2. In a small bowl, mix the cream of chicken soup with dijon mustard. Spoon the mixture over the chicken making sure to coat well.
Step3. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top all chicken with the slices of swiss cheese. (If you want to add crushed cracker crumbs, you would add them over the cheese). Bake an additional 5 minutes until the swiss cheese is melted. Remove from oven and serve.

No comments: